Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tougher Than a Cockroach

Over the past 3 weeks, I not only survived the coldness of Minnesota, but also a week-long food poisoning as well as a few major exams, while barely cutting it close for two speeches. Yup, I'm alive, a-kicking, and a-running. For some reasons, coming out of these series of hurdles reminds me of the humble cockroach. As weird as it sounds, I think it's quite appropriate that I think of myself as a "lipas". I mean, I did survive from the chilly winter of Minnesota (cockroaches don't usually thrive in cold places, btw, so that makes me more adaptable than them, no?), and food poisoning from McDonald's did not kill me, and a physiological psychology test did not render me unconscious. Therefore, it's only justified that I equate myself to life's most adaptable and resilient creature, the cockroach. So, come on, bring it on!

No comments: