Friday, September 12, 2008

Wait

Just a simple act can make a person's day. No words used, only a kind gesture. No hugs nor fake pretentious conversations.

A little patience goes a long way and waiting for someone brings a smile.

Bumping into a friend of mine at night, I stop by to have a 20 second chat with him only to cut the conversation short by uttering a rude 'excuse me'. Going off to fetch my bike, I decided to drop by a friend's work place nearby to say hi to her. Not realizing that time flew by, I decided to head home. Seated on my bike, I paddled a little before realizing that I've made a friend wait for me. I felt like stabbing myself that very moment when I saw in the dark the silhouette of a meditative Nobuki.

What grace that the friend still remained a friend and not angry, no less. Humbled, I walked him all the way to the library, uttering a smothered-sounding "mate kurete arigatou" (thanks for waiting for me).

Q&A time:
Q: Would I have been so patient, waiting for a friend?
A: Maybe not.

No comments: