Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Malaysia Within America

Aside from my fluke of dropping my passport in the airport, I'm faring pretty well despite the fact that I'm currently jet lagging with a slight nausea. Well, well, just want to post a few pictures of interest. Here's some photos of the food in a Malaysian restaurant in Los Angeles called Belacan Grill. I happen to order a plate of Char Kuay Teow while Elena took on the Nasi Lemak. Don't even start with the prices -- they're an abomination!

Mine of course. No shrimps, lunch set with fried popiah. 8 USD.

Nasi Lemak USA?

Utterly an American invention, no doubt about it.

Food wise, it's no way as close to the ones we have in Malaysia. Even the worst Char Kuay Teow tastes better than the one here. Oh well, you really can't blame them for substituting fresh kuay teow with those dried nonsense variety -- but it makes all the difference having fresh kuay teow. As for the nasi lemak, Elena seems to like it, though I think it's for a very different reason other than the fact that it is supposedly 'Malaysian' food. Maybe she's just plain sick with Korean food in the airplane.

Fancy porridge with green tea? I feel like vomiting already.

Well, I guess that's enough to spoil my palate for tomorrow. I have my passport to worry about too, so food is not a priority anytime soon. Meh.

No comments: