Thursday, August 7, 2008

Monotonous

I was just in the Summit the other day bowling with a bunch of friends. It just happened that I took notice of two workers wearing T shirts, bearing a bold "May I Come Closer". To add insult to injury, these workers were forced to strap themselves with those seriously ridiculous wear-on-the-waist contraptions as if they were not already buff enough (No, actually I take that back, they looked buff but upon closer inspection, those devices perhaps are worn to hide their bulging tummies... Oh well, Ogawa need their workers to demonstrate how its device works, no?).

But what that happen to annoy me were those adverts that kept on repeating itself over and over again, droning into my mind. It was always the same 2 minute-ish advert screened upon a 20 inch TV in front of the tiny shop lot blaring away, in Mandarin, the benefits of the massage chair. Well, if it's bad enough for people walking around the shopping complex, just imagine how much worse it is for these two blokes with weird machines strapped on their waist and wearing T shirts that imply they have HIV while listening to the same advert replying itself every 2 minutes for a possible 8-10 hours of their job every single day? (No wonder the Ogawa of Subang Parade got rid of the ad and opted instead for a PS2)

I just hope that when I think about the monotonousity of life, I would try remember these two Ogawa workers.

No comments: