Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rejoice, Rejoice!

By God's grace, I finally retrieved my 'lost' passport.

Surprising (?)

Had to wake up super early this morning (not that I can sleep actually, cause of the jet lag). Took a train from Solana Beach to LA, which took approximately 2 hours. And of all the seats I took, I took the one which didn't have any windows -- so I couldn't manage to get a glimpse of the 'scenic view' of California. Thank goodness for my precious DS that kept me occupied, though I would probably mention that I used up 1 and a half hours just to kill a boss in FF IV.

Solana Beach Station

When I reached LA, it was already 9 am in the morning and I took a Fly Away Bus leading to LAX. That itself already took a good half hour and I was hungry like anything (I ate my breakfast at about 4 am in the morning). Went to the Korean Air counter and well, to cut it short, I got back my passport without breaking a sweat.

Fastforward... I got back to San Diego around 2 pm and this time, I was wiser in choosing my seating. I got the one facing to the sea and the view was gorgeous. Had to thank you Ken for the songs you spared me! Glad that my iPod is no longer J-pop exclusive! When I got back to Elena's brother's home, I was already beaten up and with the jet lag and all, I went straight to bed without any further contemplation.

Evening was the best. After a nice nap, it was time again to get some grub and I was glad that we chose to eat out instead of eating last nite's leftover spaghetti. And this time it was Japanese food. ^_^

Seriously, hands down (hands up and sideways as well) the ramen that I had here is the best that I have ever savored in my entire life. Goes to show that you can't make Japanese food both good and halal at the same time (for those really blur about Japanese food preparation, most of the ramen dashi broth contains rice wine -- and removing that from the recipe just immediately kills the whole recipe... also not to mention that making chicken chashu is blasphemy).



Elena's Chicken Teriyaki (the portion is frightening, no?)


My Miso Chashu Ramen... Hontou ni oishii desu yo!

I was also glad that the restaurant that we went to offered Asian portions. Elena on the other hand was more gung-ho, she attempted the larger Western portion.

After all the eating, we decided to go to the Taiwanese market. Truthfully, this is the most EVIL place that I have ever been to. I'm asking myself now, why did I even bother to 'smuggle' in so many things from Malaysia when I can get the all here. Baka!!!

Pondan cake anyone?

O_o

Later throughout the evening, we went to La Jolla Beach. I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.


Doing some aerobics, I suppose?

Some rare Muslim tourists


Aileen Kua (Elena's in-law), Jeremy Kua (Elena's Bro), and Elena





Well, that is that. I'm heading off to Texas tomorrow morn. Hope I don't lose my passport again. I'm really looking forward to seeing old friends and whipping up some wicked Bak Kut Teh once I reach there!

PS: Totally random but Sim, I'm totally missing your hair!!!

1 comment:

Yong-Sama said...

Huhuhu.. you better be more careful with your passport the next time~~